Monday, November 20, 2006

Haven and daddy!

Well, the past couple of weeks have been very busy but very fun. We just took a group to visit BJU and had a great time. It was great to be able to see some friends I hadn't seen in a long time, Kristen and Melissa, who were both in our wedding. It was also great to be able to get to know this group of teens a little better. The 15 hour ride there and back provided a good opportunity for that! Haven was a great baby on the trip and I am so thankful that God gave us safety! We also acquired a new vehicle this week, a white, Oldsmobile Silhouette van! We didn't know how we were going to be able to afford a new (used) car, but a family in the church said we could buy this van from them on a payment plan and it would only be $1700. Then, just today Steve called me and told me that someone had paid for the van in full for us! What a blessing! God is so good! Especially as our other car is on the blink. Now we are looking forward to Thanksgiving and family coming: my brother and sister-in-law, Van and Loretta, and their three boys, Ben, Nate, and Josh as well as my sister, Chrissy, and her boyfriend, Justin! So it will be a fun family time! I am looking forward to the relaxing day that Thanksgiving usually is! Hopefully cooking the meal will go off without a hitch and everything will taste good! Well, I better go! Haven needs some mommy time!
Haven and mommy!
This is Haven sitting on the lawn on a nice day while mommy is raking leaves!
I got to see my friend, Kristen, who I hadn't seen in quite while. This is her with Haven and I!

well, we just got back from taking a group of teens on a trip to visit Bob Jones University. This is a shot of everyone in the crowded van!

9 Comments:

Blogger JHotchkin said...

Hey Ruth,
That is so exciting about your new van!! Now you just need to have lots more babies to fill it up! :)
We miss you guys! Wish you were coming up here for Thanksgiving, but maybe we will see you sometime during Christmas break.
Love,
Jennifer

4:15 PM  
Blogger carissa said...

hi Ruth and Steve and sweet baby girl Haven!!! Sooo good to see your pictures and catch up on your crazy life. I love looking in the background at your new furniture and the way you decorate! I miss you. Happy Thanksgiving, friend.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Curlyqu02 said...

hey now... don't be crackin on my Hot Man...

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for meeting your needs like that! He is so good all the time. Haven is a cutie! And you look awesome, as always!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey guys. it was good to hear from you! you baby is adoreable. i saw sarah's baby samantha on your blog too! i hope you are having a great time there! later.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Sauers said...

Sorry Karly, you look great! :)- It was my only group shot...

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome, Ruth
I didn't even know you had a kid. I am super excited for you and what a great name. Really nice.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Congratulations on the new van!! That is awesome how the Lord provides. Wish we could have come down for Thanksgiving, but we are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks when we fly out for Christmas!! Miss you guys!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Looks like you had a fun filled house on Thanksgiving! Haven is such a cutie! That's awesome about your van - the Lord truly takes care of our needs! Hope to see you guys soon!

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home